KID’S PLACE CHILD ADVOCACY CENTER announces the following immediate job opening:
Position Title: Full Time Therapist
Supervisor: Executive Director
The full-time therapist is responsible for utilizing an evidence based therapy to deliver
direct therapeutic services to child victims and involved caregivers of our servicing
counties, Lawrence, Wayne, Giles, and Maury. He/She should stay current on literature
of best practices and seek training that would best accommodate the needs of our
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
Duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Maintain strict standards of confidentiality
• Provide evidence based treatment to child victim clients and participating
• Travel to provide services at satellite locations in Maury and Giles Counties
• Maintain accurate client records in both paper form and client tracking data base
• Complete 12 hours of annual training
• Maintain current continuing educational requirements as mandated by clinical
• Stay current in research of best practices of child sexual and/or physical abuse
• Provide crisis counseling to child victims and participating caregivers
• Follow up via telephone or letter for missed appointments
• Make referrals as necessary
Education and experience:
A minimum of a master's degree in social work or mental health counseling required.
Licensure to practice independently is preferred. 3 years of experience working directly
with children is required.
Knowledge, skill, and abilities:
Knowledge, skill, and abilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Ability to work as team player with CAC staff members;
Ability to work in a professional manner with members of many other agencies;
Beginning (basic) knowledge of the dynamics of families where abuse and/or
neglect is occurring;
Knowledge of the stages of child development;
• Knowledge of community resources;
• Skills in providing crisis intervention services to families;
• Must have good oral and written communication skills;
• Must have good computer skills and ability to keep caseload up to date in
• Ability to analyze and evaluate the community's resources for families and
barriers that prevent families receiving prompt and/or immediate service;
• Sensitivity to diversity issues.
• Specialized and on-going training will be provided.
Other requirements for employment:
Person in this position must have a home phone, reliable transportation, valid driver's
license, provide proof of automobile insurance, acceptable driving record, and must
pass an extensive criminal background check.
The person in this position will be required to work flexible hours based on the needs of
Kid's Place. The schedule will be set by the Executive Director, and will reflect a
minimum of 37.5 hr work week.
• The position has a base salary of $35,000 with the possibility of negotiation.
• Kid's Place contracts with a LCSW to provide weekly supervision.
• Kid's Place pays for annual training including child abuse conferences and
EMDR training for all Therapy Program staff.
• Kid's Place offers insurance, free of charge, to all staff members. Coverage for
additional family members must be paid for by the employee.
• Mileage is paid at the state rate for job related travel.
• All full-time employees receive a minimum of 8 hours of sick leave and 8 hours of
vacation that begins accruing after the first month of employment.
• Paid holidays and paid leave for specific life events, i.e. maternity, bereavement,
For more information about the CAC visit: www.akidsplacecac.org